One of the most powerful ways to increase our awareness and self-acceptance is through a daily meditation practice. Meditation is simply about going within each day to see what is going on, training ourselves to be in the present moment fully aware.
As Pema Chodron beautifully says, “Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away or become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already.”
Please remember dear friends: You are enough. You are complete. You are loved.
Sometimes we all need a little extra reminder that we are exactly who, what, and where we are supposed to be. Below are 10 favorite quotes to quiet self-doubt and connect to your inner strength and knowing.
1. “You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” ― Buddha
2. “Sometimes you face difficulties not because you’re doing something wrong but because you’re doing something right.” ― Joel Osteen
3. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” ― Rumi
4. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” ― E.E. Cummings
5. “Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered — just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” ― Barrie Davenport
6. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” ― Thomas Edison
7. “Belief in oneself is incredibly infectious. It generates momentum, the collective force of which far outweighs any kernel of self-doubt that may creep in.” ― Aimee Mullins
8. “Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway.” ― Mary Kay Ash
9. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” ― William James
10. “If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.” ― E. Joseph Cossman