“Soup is a lot like a family. Each ingredient enhances the others; each batch has its own characteristics; and it needs time to simmer to reach full flavor.”
We all LOVE a bowl of warm, hearty, healthy soup on a cold winter day- right? So to my surprise January is National Soup Month in the United States. I have always been a lover of soup. I am a vegetarian and good, old fashioned soup combines all of the ingredients making one delicious, nutritious, convenient meal.
This is my perfect opportunity, in honor of National Soup Month, I would like to share with you my favorite “soup” recipe: Inspirational Soup! I am not much of a cook, those who know me would agree, but Inspirational Soup, we can all make, and I believe it is the foundation of all soups of life really! With this soup no calorie counting is necessary, indulge to your hearts content, and feel grounded in your own greatness and goodness. ENJOY!
My Inspirational Soup
- Every day dose of meditation
- 2 tablespoons kindness
- 2 cups trust
- 1 cup serenity
- 2 teaspoons hope
- 3 cans love for others
- 1 can awe
- 1 tablespoon amusement
- 2 tablespoons joy
- 8 cups self-love
- A dash of interest, to taste
- A big bunch of gratitude, for garish
- In a large heart, combine daily meditation, kindness, trust, serenity, hope, love for others, and awe; allow to simmer.
- Add amusement and joy, and stir well.
- Pour in the self-love, and keep warm, stirring as needed until tender.
- Add interest to taste, and garnish generously with gratitude.
- Serve in large portions to everyone you know.
My inspirational soup has a shelf-life of: forever! It is calorie-free, so incredibly nourishing and fulfilling. I invite you to enjoy it while reading a good book, spending time with friends and family, during work breaks, at the movies, during exercise and on walks; absolutely everywhere. I promise you will be amazed by how much it fills you, satisfies you, and brings you and others joy.
In this season of Soup, I send you my love and blessings,