Yes, the day is finally here and your dear friend is ready to walk down the isle with the man of her dreams. So much pressure and expectation has been put into making this a day she will remember for the rest of her life. So, what can you do to help ensure that not only is it magical, but also a day that you will look back and smile about?
- GOOD VIBES: This is all about energy, planning ahead. A week up to the big day, nourish yourself so you can be the person on the wedding day that is sending good vibes and ready to help. Raising the bar of the bridesmaids! Help things stay positive and in the moment. The whole idea is to start prior to the big day, cultivating this for yourself.
- BRING YOUR “A” GAME: When you’re feeling you’re best you can show up and be the best support and help for your bride. You’re able to think ahead, be in the moment, and full of stamina. Also, pace yourself with the champagne! It’s great to celebrate, but you don’t want to be a distraction!
- STRESS RELIEVER: Be the model when you start to feel that things are becoming stressful and suggest doing a group breathing every couple of hours. And make it fun or meaningful!. To lead a breathing exercise: have everyone close their eyes for a few deep breaths; Breathe, let everything go and just “BE”.
- HER DAY: Remember this day is not about you! This is the bride’s big day! By taking the lead, planning ahead, and consciously breathing you will be bringing compassion, and love into the day and raising the energy of the group to it’s highest potential. Set the intention that you will be present, help everyone remember that this day is for the bride and groom and everyone else is here to be supportive, helpful and giving. Help everyone remember not to take anything said and done personally; this is a day of celebration and love, stay in the moment and be present.
- TAKE A MOMENT: Take some time to go for a quick little walk, spend a few minutes alone breathing and smiling and enjoying this precious day. This is not your day so have only the expectation of bringing love, light and peace to the party! If you’re getting stressed don’t endure it, or suck it up; go somewhere and breathe, remembering why you love all involved with this wedding and focus you attention on the moment and all that is good right now!